All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe experienced skier does t take to the slopes without being fit. Fitness must be built up in preparation for the skiing season, and maintained during the winter so that particular goals may be achieved and the risk of injury is reduced. Conditioning training should therefore be just as much a part of everyday training for off-piste skiers, freeriders and carvers as the honing of technical skills. Skiing Fitness presents training programs for whole-body strengthening, mobility development, the reinforcement of the most used muscle groups and endurance training. It gives information on warming up and cooling down in training and on the slopes, and also gives recommendations for conditioning training on skis. It deals with the special characteristics of conditioning training for children and young people.
- Author BiographyMAX RIEDER is responsible for Training Science at the Bavarian Olympia Base, Regional Center Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. MARTIN FIALA, three-time World Championships participant, winner of the Professional Off-piste series Jeep King of the Mountains and winner of several endurance off-piste races, has been in charge of the German national women's skiing team for the last three years.
- Author(s)Martin Fiala,Max Rieder
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationAachen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.