All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTara is an inspirational figure to many practitioners. She embodies the most compelling and vital qualities of the feminine: beauty, grace, and the ability to nurture, care for and protect. In addition, she is a true warrior, vanquishing fear and igrance. One could say she is the earliest kwn Buddhist feminist. Skillful Grace is an entirety of instructions on deity practice centered on the female Buddha Tara. It covers everything from beginning to end. It has all the preliminaries, as well as the main part and the subsequent yogas. There is the outer and inner sadhanas with Tara and her retinue of twenty-one Taras that dispel the various fears. There is also the innermost practice of Tara with consort. It has all the details on the development stage, and describes completion stage both with and without conceptual attributes. Nothing is left out. It is utterly complete with treasure and pith instructions from Tulku Urgyen and Adeu Rinpoche, skillfully arranged by the translation/author team of Erik Pema Kunsang and Marcia Binder Schmidt. There are many explanations of the different Tara practices. However, Skillful Grace is unique in that it outlines an entire path, taking Tara as support. This book is s divided into three main sections. The first is the root text of this cycle, The Essential Instruction on the Threefold Excellence, according to the mind treasure of the profound essence of Tara as revealed by Chokgyur Lingpa. Following that is a commentary on this root text by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche. Next is Jamgon Kongtrul and Adeu Rinpoche's synthesized commentary on the same text. In order to make this work less scholarly and more applicable to practitioners, we decided to paraphrase Jamgon Kongrtul commentary and blend it together with Adeu Rinpoche's teaching. The book is rounded out with a foreword by Tara Bennett Goleman, author of the best selling book Emotional Alchemy, in depth introduction by Marcia Schmidt, and various appendixes and foottes.
- Author BiographyTulku Urgyen Rinpoche (1921--1996) was among Tibetan Buddhism's greatest 20th-century masters. Adeu Rinpoche lives at the Tsechu Monastery in Tibet. Erik Pema Kunsang is a highly regarded translator. He and his wife Marcia Schmidt own Rangjung Yeshe Publications and live in Mendocino, CA. Tara Bennett Goleman is the author of the bestselling Emotional Alchemy and lives in MA.
- Author(s)Adeu Rinpoche,Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/12/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.