All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAs interest and training in counselling children and young people continues to grow, it is essential that counsellors are equipped with the skills to work with this client group. In this book, Lorraine Sherman draws on her years of experience in the field to provide a practical resource for qualified and trainee counsellors, providing them with the necessary skills to ensure best practice with children and young people. Distinguishing between working with young children and with adolescents, skills covered include: - establishing a therapeutic relationship - assessing a young client - contracting - counselling practice - understanding and maintaining confidentiality and disclosure Using case studies and examples to help demonstrate skills in action, this is essential reading for anyone planning to become or already engaged in the helping professions with young people.
- Author BiographyLorraine Sherman is a humanistic psychologist, supervisor, therapist, relationship counsellor and youth worker. She is clinical supervisor of school-based counsellors across West Wales. She has extensive experience in counselling and psychotherapeutic practice with young clients and adults. Lorraine designs and teaches courses to train counsellors and therapists to counsel children and young people. She lectures on counselling courses at Trinity St Davids University, Wales and has had many years of experience lecturing on the BACP accredited counselling courses based at Coleg Sir Gar, Ammanford. Lorraine includes mindfulness in her therapeutic work, she offers compassion-based approaches that include self-awareness, poetry and play and enjoys learning from her practice.
- Author(s)Lorraine Sherman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleSkills in Counselling & Psychotherapy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.