Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionJanet Tolan defines the key tenets of the approach - psychological contact, congruence, empathy and unconditional positive regard - and demonstrates how they are used effectively in a range of counsellor-client interactions. Describing all aspects of the therapeutic relationship from the initial meeting to ending the relationship well, this revised and updated edition refers to current developments in person-centred theory and practice and contains new material on ethics and defensive practice. This book is an ideal introduction for beginners and for more experienced therapists who want to extend their range.
- Author BiographyJanet Tolan is a consultant and private pracititioner in Manchester. She has worked extensively in education and training, most recently as leader of the Counselling and Psychotherapy Masters programme at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Author(s)Janet Tolan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSkills in Counselling & Psychotherapy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.