All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSkillstreaming in Early Childhood employs a four-part training approach--modeling, role-playing, performance feedback, and generalization--to teach essential prosocial skills to preschool and kindergarten-age children. This book provides a complete description of the Skillstreaming program, with instructions for teaching 40 prosocial skills. Part 1: Skillstreaming Program Content and Implementation Chapters on effective Skillstreaming arrangements, Skillstreaming teaching procedures, refining skill use, teaching for skill generalization, managing behavior problems, Skillstreaming in the school context, and more. Part 2: Skill Outlines and Homework Reports Skill outlines are handy one-page summaries for each skill, including skill steps, guidelines for skill instruction, and suggested situations for modeling displays. Homework reports list skill steps and guide students in practicing the skills and evaluating skill use outside the Skillstreaming group. Skill Areas Beginning Social Skills School-Related Skills Friendship-Making Skills Dealing with Feelings Alternatives to Aggression Dealing with Stress Appendixes provide all program forms needed to ensure a successful Skillstreaming intervention, plus leader and observer checklists to ensure program integrity.
- Author BiographyDr Ellen McGinnis earned her Ph.D. from the University of Iowa in 1986. She holds degrees in elementary education, special education, and school administration. She has taught elementary and secondary students in the public schools in Minnesota, Iowa, and Arizona. In addition, she has served as a special education consultant in both public and hospital schools and as assistant professor of special education at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Dr. McGinnis also served with the Des Moines Public Schools as the principal of the education program at Orchard Place, a residential and day treatment facility for children and adolescents with emotional/behavioral disorders. She has been an executive director of student support services in both Iowa and Colorado and is currently a private consultant. The author of numerous articles on identifying and teaching youth with emotional/behavioral disorders, Dr. McGinnis collaborated with Dr. Arnold P. Goldstein on earlier Skillstreaming books and is author of the newly released third editions of Skillstreaming in Early Childhood, Skillstreaming the Elementary School Child , and Skillstreaming the Adolescent .
- Author(s)Ellen McGinnis
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.