Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.75+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionDoug Rice is haunted-by what we can only guess. He is trapped; he goes where. He is a modern day hysteric, a psychoanalyst's dream. He writes the same thing over and over, runs the same spinning track, as if somehow, through the repetition of extremes, he could eliminate the trauma, break its foul-smelling, icy-fingered spell. Only it is a spell of beauty --the beauty that comes from devastation, from the constant struggle to rise again in that roaring fire's shouldered wake. You will find plot or answers here, only the unbearable loss of abandonment and grief. Make mistake: Doug Rice kills us again and again and he does t want us to survive it, for he has been burned at the stake and is burning still. He is a ghost who can do thing but plead with his bones and remind us with the choking beauty ghosts bring. Despite his pleas, you will t like him. You will t like him, and yet . . .Skin Prayer is the power of redemption in the word when life has failed us. It has inside or outside, it is only itself. It is the self-enclosed, hermetic world of obsessive need, a space where one can't breath. And yet it is breath. In its own suffocated space, if we survive it, or are patient eugh t to throw it aside, it gives us insufferable hope.
- Author(s)Doug Rice
- PublisherEraserhead Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEraserhead Press
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.