All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionSkin in Psychoanalysis is an important theoretical contribution, revising several authors starting with Freud in whose writing we can now discover multiple direct or indirect references to the skin. It adopts a decidedly complex point of view regarding the skin: the skin as source; the skin as object; the skin as protection and as a way of entrance; the skin as contact and as contagion; the skin for two within the relationship with the mother; the skin as envelope and as support; the skin as a shell presented as second skin; the skin as demarcation of individuality; the skin as a place of inscription of non-verbal memories; and so on.This book is the result of more than fifteen years of work with dermatologists and patients with skin diseases, psoriasis in particular. As it usually happens in interdisciplinary work, it is difficult to find a common language and to arouse homogeneous interest in colleagues from different disciplines. As a consequence, some of the chapters of this book will interest almost exclusively psychoanalysts and psychotherapists in general. Skin in Psychoanalysis is also particularly interesting for those who wish to work in an interdisciplinary way; either clinicians, dermatologists or doctors who are dedicated to other specialties.
- Author BiographyJorge C. Ulnik, M.D., PhD is a full member of the International Psychoanalytical Association and training and supervising analyst at the Argentine Psychoanalytical Association. He is the author of twenty-two published papers, eighteen consulting university booklets, five book chapters and two books. The first: 'Monografico de Medicina Psicosomatica' (Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, 2002) as co-author with Jose Maria Lopez Sanchez and members of the staff of CEPA (Arg) and UDyP (Granada, Spain). The second: 'El psiconalisis y la piel' (Sintesis, Madrid, 2004) is the Spanish version of this book. He is in the private practice of psychoanalysis in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Author(s)Jorge Ulnik
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.