Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Skin of the Sky is the story of Lorenzo de Tena, a Mexican astromer born in the 1930s. The illegitimate son of a wealthy Mexico City businessman and a poor, but intelligent, peasant woman, Lorenzo is introduced to science (pasteurization and the wonders of flight) by his mother, beginning his lifelong passion. When his mother dies, Lorenzo and his siblings are taken to live with their father. The children have difficulty adjusting to a life of wealth and privilege, but Lorenzo devotes all his attentions to astromy. He eventually goes to Harvard to complete his studies and returns to Mexico, determined to elevate Mexico's scientific rankings.
- Author BiographyElena Poniatowska is the award-winning author of over fifty books, including Lilus Kikus (UNM Press). Born in France to a Mexican citizen of French ancestry, she now lives in Mexico City. In 2004, she was honored with the Legion de Honor del Gobierno de Francia. Deanna Heikkinen also translated Elena Poniatowska's Here's to you, Jesusa!
- Author(s)Elena Poniatowska
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight517 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byDeanna Heikkinen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.