All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSkogen is the Swedish word for forest, and while the dense woods featured in Robert Adams's most recent series of photographs grow near his home in Oregon, the pictures evoke a wild utopia, and convey a hushed, primeval awe. In this volume, the latest to document Adams's ongoing quest to find form amid the chaos of nature, shadows predominate, tempered by an ambiguous light that is unique to the Pacific Northwest. Skogen features forty-six previously unpublished images, a body of work that is among the most pictorially complex of Adams's distinguished career. Also included are an introduction by the artist and a poem by the acclaimed poet Denise Levertov. This pairing is meaningful; as Michael Fried wrote in Bookforum, Adams's artistic ideal...has much in common with that of a certain sort of lyric poem, one that similarly has t the slightest room for carelessness of any sort.
- Author BiographyRobert Adams lives and works in Oregon.
- Author(s)Robert Adams
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note46 tritone illus.
- Weight975 g
- Width247 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.