Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the great Skulduggery Pleasant: wise-cracking detective, powerful magician, master of dirty tricks and burglary (in the name of the greater good, of course). Oh yeah. And dead. Then there's his sidekick, Stephanie. She's...well, she's a twelve-year-old girl. With a pair like this on the case, evil had better watch out... So you won't keep anything from me again? He put his hand to his chest. Cross my heart and hope to die. Okay then. Though you don't actually have a heart, she said. I kw. And technically, you've already died. I kw that too. Just so we're clear. Stephanie's uncle Gordon is a writer of horror fiction. But when he dies and leaves her his estate, Stephanie learns that while he may have written horror, it certainly wasn't fiction. Pursued by evil forces intent on recovering a mysterious key, Stephanie finds help from an unusual source - the wisecracking skeleton of a dead wizard. When all hell breaks loose, it's lucky for Skulduggery that he's already dead. Though he's about to discover that being a skeleton doesn't stop you from being tortured, if the torturer is determined eugh. And if there's anything Skulduggery hates, it's torture...Will evil win the day? Will Stephanie and Skulduggery stop bickering long eugh to stop it? One thing's for sure: evil won't kw what's hit it.
- Author BiographyDerek Landy lives near Dublin. Before writing his children's story about a sharply-dressed skeleton detective, he wrote the screenplays for a zombie movie and a murderous horror film. I think my career-guidance teacher is spinning in her grave, he says, or she would be if she were dead.
- PrizesWinner of Red House Children's Book Awards: Overall Winner 2008 and Red House Children's Book Awards: Books for Older Readers 2008 and Bord Gais Energy Irish Book Awards: Book of the Decade 2000-2009. Shortlisted for Dublin Airport Authority Irish Children's Book of the Year Award: Senior 2008.
- Author(s)Derek Landy
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSkulduggery Pleasant
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Most relevant reviews
- cj20097004 Feb, 2013by
Very happy with items, great price.
Bought these books as a present for my son. He thinks they are great. Good to have books that kids can really get into to encourage reading.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.