All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionReaders will find that this work carries the pulse of their darkest sorrows, in the breath of their humanity. Highly recommended. --Library Journal Intimate and hyptic. --Ploughshares Levin has the skilled ear, magnificent tongue, and fierce mind of the truly prophetic. --Rain Taxi Levin's work is phemelogical; it details how it feels to be an embodied consciousness making its way through the world. --Boston Review Death is the new and unshakeable lens through which I see, writes Dana Levin about her third book, in which she confronts mortality and loss in subjects ranging from Tibetan Buddhist burial practices to Aztec human sacrifice. Shaped by dreams and the worms and the gods, these poems are a profound investigation of our inescapable fate. As Louise Gluck has said: Levin's animating fury goes back deeper into our linguistic and philosophic history: to Blake's tiger, to the iron judgments of the Old Testament. They took you in an ambulance even though you were dead, they took youand my sister saidWhy are you saving her if she is dead? shey shey--Curve of sky a crescent blade.Vultures wheeling on thermal parapets, shunyata, void that flays--Yak butter, barley flour and tea: you watch him make the paste.Dana Levin's debut volume In the Surgical Theatre won the prestigious APR/Honickman First Book Prize. She teaches creative writing at the University of New Mexico and in the Warren Wilson College MFA Program. She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author BiographyDana Levin: Dana Levin has published two books of poetry, Wedding Day (Copper Canyon) and her first book, In the Surgical Theatre, which won the APR/Honickman Award in 1999. She is the Russo Endowed Chair in Creative Writing at the University of New Mexico, and also teaches in the Warren Wilson College MFA Program for Writers. She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Dana Levin
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Weight136 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.