All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThese remote islands, stretching out into the Atlantic Ocean like stepping stones in a vast lake, lie at the extremity of the British Isles and the very edge of our imagination. Hike through the Isle of Skye and feel your heart soar at the sight of surreal rock formations, wild emerald pastures, and implacable mountains rising from the sea. Footprintfocus will guide you from these wondrous sights to the Outer Hebrides where you'll experience true remoteness - fierce Atlantic winds, bleak peat bogs, and endless tiny lochs. These are the islands of emptiness, and there's where like them on earth. * Includes Essentials section with practical information on getting from island to island. * Get off the beaten track and discover Skye's charming but little-kwn 'Small Isles'. * Accommodation listings aplenty, plus where to eat and drink. * Detailed street maps will help you find your way around. * Slim eugh to fit in your pocket. Packed with practical and detailed advice on how to navigate these breathtaking landscapes, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out of your trip without weighing you down. The content of Footprintfocus Skye & Outer Hebrides guide has been extracted from Footprint's Scotland Highlands & Islands Handbook.
- Author BiographyWhen Alan Murphy upped sticks and left the fleshpots of Dundee to start his own seaweed-collecting business on a remote island croft, many saw it as a cry for kelp. But Alan not only survived several bleak Hebridean winters, he went on to found a sanctuary for wayward seal pups and devoted the next 10 years of his life to working with young stray marine mammals. Later, following a chance encounter with the editor of Footprint's South American Handbook in a sleazy salsa bar in Soho, London, Alan turned his hand to travel writing, trading the rain swept peat moors of northern Scotland for the steamy jungles of South America to research and write Footprint guides to Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. But the pull of his homeland was too strong and Alan eventually returned to Scotland to write new Footprint guides to Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland Highlands & Islands. Alan now resides in the bohemian Somerset market town of Frome with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alan Murphy
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Focus Guide
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Content Notemaps
- Weight118 g
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.64
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.72
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.98
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $20.71
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.13
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $30.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.