CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionCalled 'the book lost and found in time' by its author, Skylight is one of Saramago's earliest vels. The manuscript was lost in the publishers' offices in Lisbon for decades, and is only w being published in English. Lisbon, late-1940s. The inhabitants of an old apartment block are struggling to make ends meet. There's the elderly shoemaker and his wife who take in a solitary young lodger; the woman who sells herself for money, clothes and jewellery; the cultivated family come down in the world, who live only for each other and for music; and the beautiful typist whose boss can't keep his eyes off her. Poisous relationships, happy marriages, jealousy, gossip and love - Skylight brings together all the joys and grief of ordinary people.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago is one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922, he was in his sixties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar and Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, translated into almost fifty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Saramago died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Weight495 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.