All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCalled 'the book lost and found in time' by its author, Skylight is one of Saramago's earliest vels. The manuscript was lost in the publishers' offices in Lisbon for decades, and is only w being published in English. Lisbon, late-1940s. The inhabitants of an old apartment block are struggling to make ends meet. There's the elderly shoemaker and his wife who take in a solitary young lodger; the woman who sells herself for money, clothes and jewellery; the cultivated family come down in the world, who live only for each other and for music; and the beautiful typist whose boss can't keep his eyes off her. Poisous relationships, happy marriages, jealousy, gossip and love - Skylight brings together all the joys and grief of ordinary people.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago is one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922, he was in his sixties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar and Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, translated into almost fifty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Saramago died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight230 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.