All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionCombining a wide range of drug-free therapeutic approaches, this book is a step-by-step guide to Peter Smith's unique, 100% natural sleep solution. It: * Explains how sleep 'works' and the physical and psychological causes of insomnia. * Offers practical advice about how to practice good sleep behaviours and switch on relaxation responses within the nervous system, including the revolutionary concept of 'virtual darkness'. * Gives tips on getting the right dietary supplements for a good night's sleep and creating the right sleeping environment. * Advises 'night owls' 'early birds' and 'free runners' about how to reset problematic sleep cycles. * Provides guidelines for preventing jetlag. 'Sleep Better with Natural Therapies' combines psychological treatments, such as CBT, with physiological ones, such as adjusting the biological clock, and demonstrates that it is possible to retrain the mind and change your learned associations with sleep in just a matter of weeks. This is vital reading for anyone struggling with insomnia, problems with sleep cycles, or the effects of jet lag and will be of interest to complementary health practitioners and mental health professionals.
- Author BiographyPeter Smith is a holistic medical consultant with personal and professional experience of using nutritional and natural remedies. He has been practicing for 25 years and currently offers consultations at the Hale Clinic. Peter's background is in biochemistry and he is trained in Naturopathic and Nutritional Medicine, Cognitive Hypnotherapy, Bicom resonance therapy to treat allergies and sensitivities, Chinese herbal medicine and meditation. He is based in London, UK.
- Author(s)Peter Smith
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.