All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionPeeling off sheets of skin from a sunburned back. Visiting five nurseries and spending $1,000 in an afteron. Raising 200 monarch butterflies. Hearing the wing beats of geese thirty feet overhead at sunset. How one piece of mulch can make all the difference. These are the stories of Benjamin Vogt's 1,500 foot native prairie garden over the course of three years. After a small patio garden at his last home teases him into avid tinkering, the blank canvas of his new marriage and quarter acre lot prove to be a rich place full of delight, anguish, and rapture in all four seasons. Full of lyrical, humorous, and botanical short essays, SLEEP, CREEP, LEAP will leave you inspired to sit a while with your plants, ticing how the smallest events become the largest-and how the garden brings us down to earth so that we can come home to our lives.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Vogt is the author of the poetry collection AFTERIMAGE. He has a Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and an M.F.A. from The Ohio State University. Benjamin's nonfiction and poetry have appeared in such publications as American Life in Poetry, Crab Orchard Review, ISLE, Orion, Puerto del Sol, Subtropics, The Sun, and Verse Daily. He is also the author of the blog The Deep Middle where he rants about writing and his native prairie garden.
- Author(s)Benjamin Vogt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.