Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe gradual and cumulative sleep deprivation that many students endure t only makes them too tired to focus well but also hampers memory consolidation and motivation. If we really want to improve school performance and graduation rates, we cant afford to overlook something as basic and critical as sleep. Additionally, if we want to make an impact on both the physical and mental health of individuals in our society (which impacts mortality rates, health care, health insurance rates, the aging process, etc.), we need to begin by educating our youth about the relevance of sleep.
- Author BiographyGary R. Plaford, an MSW, LCSW-licensed social worker, served for twenty years as director of social services for the Monroe County Community School Corporation. He authored Bullying and the Brain and currently teaches at Indiana University and lectures at conferences.
- Author(s)Gary R. Plaford
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/06/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.