Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals by Julie M. Hereford (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.45+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- Description<em>Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals</em> is a concise reference for the health professional looking to further understand sleep and how sleep science may impact particular areas of various rehabilitation disciplines. <br><br>Dr. Julie M. Hereford and her contributors present <em>Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals</em> in an easy-to-read manner by dividing the text into four main sections. The first section provides a review of the basic scientific understanding of sleep. While there are many other publications that present a basic scientific understanding of sleep, <em>Sleep and Rehabilitation</em> systematically gears this information toward the rehabilitation professional with commonly used termilogy, descriptions of sleep architecture, and information concerning sleep hygiene. <br><br>The final sections of <em>Sleep and Rehabilitation</em> describe disordered sleep and how it pertains to patients seen in the rehabilitation setting. It guides the health professional to recognise the manifestations and consequences of disordered sleep and teaches the rehabilitation professional how to interpret a sleep study in order to provide guidance in clinical decision making. Finally, <em>Sleep and Rehabilitation</em> provides the ever-important practical application of the theoretical principles in sleep rehabilitation. <br><br>Features include: <ul><li>Discussion on the science of polysomgraphy</li><li>Sleep and sleep dysfunction from a rehabilitation perspective</li><li>Sleep dysfunction as it relates to the clinical needs of a patient undergoing the rehabilitation process</li><li>Discussion on the particular concerns that sleep and sleep dysfunction can hold for rehabilitation patients and issues to be addressed by the provider</li><li>Presentation of unique issues that disordered sleep may present in the rehabilitation process such as on pain, pain management, motor learning, and memory and performance enhancement</li><li>Tools to assess quality and quantity of a patient's sleep</li><li>Discussion on methods in which sleep may be manipulated in order to optimise a patient's physical performance</li></ul><em>Sleep and Rehabilitation: A Guide for Health Professionals</em> is a one-of-a-kind reference that will help the health professional incorporate the science of sleep into the rehabilitation process.
- Author BiographyJulie M. Hereford, PT, DPT graduated from Saint Louis University with a BS in physical therapy and a master s of science in research from the Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology in 1989. As part of the graduate program in anatomy, Dr. Hereford performed original animal research comparing the effect of ultrasound, intra-articular injection, and phonophoresis on the morphology of articular cartilage and other joint structures that was presented at state, national, and international conferences. Dr. Hereford completed a doctorate in physical therapy and was named the Graduate with Distinction for her work in that program. In addition to national and state physical therapy organizations, Dr. Hereford is a member of Sigma Xi Research Society and served on the executive board of the Occupational Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Society. She lectures frequently to colleagues and students and offers presentations to community groups. Course presentations include a variety of manual therapy technique courses, basic science review courses, and anatomical dissection courses. Dr. Hereford and Dr. J. Paul Rutledge have developed a course series for sleep science including Sleep and Rehabilitation, Sleep and Mental Health, and Sleep and Learning. Dr. Hereford is the president and cofounder of CORE Services, Inc. in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Author(s)Julie M. Hereford
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.