All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSleep is vital for children's well-being. Without eugh sleep their health, mood, behaviour and learning ability may all be impaired. Research shows that children with additional needs are more likely to have sleep disorders than typically developing children, and that without intervention these problems will persist. Victoria Dawson is a successful sleep practitioner and founder of the Children's Sleep Charity. Here, together with health writer Antonia Chitty, she shares her own experiences, those of other sleep experts and those of parents. While most parents of babies expect sleep problems to resolve within months, parents of children with special needs can find them lasting into adolescence and beyond. This is a pressing issue for parents, as disturbed sleep can cause depression, relationship problems and a weakening of the immune system. The majority of parents receive little or help with sleep problems, and few families have access to sleep practitioners. This book addresses sleep problems using a highly successful behavioural and cognitive approach to sleep management, and is the first book to explain these approaches in detail. The practical advice contained is invaluable for parents who want to feel more in control and more confident about tackling sleep issues in a way that is appropriate for their child.
- Author BiographyAntonia Chitty has been writing on health for more than fifteen years, and has done so for books, national charities and voluntary organizations. She has three children and lives with her husband, David, on the Sussex coast. Victoria Dawson is both a sleep practitioner and highly trained special educational needs teacher. She is the founder of the Children's Sleep Charity and has written sleep-training materials for Scope. She writes in the national press and presents at conferences across the UK.
- Author(s)Antonia Chitty,Victoria Dawson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.