All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
About this product
- DescriptionAs the newly appointed groundskeeper at Junction Lake, a picturesque, family-owned amusement park in southern New Hampshire, the last thing Duncan Waynewright needs is a slew of involuntary, supernatural experiences that afford him glimpses of alternate realities and otherworldly beings. Duncan's wife, Mia, thinks he's losing his mind until Wade, their five-and-a-half-year-old son, begins displaying similarly odd behavior--appearing to be prescient and talking about his own encounters with strange entities. Mia struggles to protect her children and her own sanity as Duncan's dream job becomes ground zero for a series of pararmal occurrences. The family's veil of reality continues to be pulled away, rousting them all from their proverbial sleep and pointing them towards previously unimaginable states of mind and soul. After a literal and figurative roller coaster ride into the depths of numius mystery, Duncan develops an inimitable bond with cowboy wannabe and bawdy wisecracker Jared Wilson, the amusement park's chief ride engineer. Much welcomed answers come in the form of an exotic and bizarre being who reveals herself to both Duncan and Wade in their dreams. Jared solves a few riddles himself, uncovering some rather peculiar facts about Walter Davies, the owner of Junction Lake. Jared and Duncan uneasily begin to question their boss's true identity. When events culminate at, on, in, and above the lake one night, Duncan is led to a psycho-spiritual crossroads. He decides to take the plunge and forge ahead into uncharted territory, both physical and metaphysical.
- Author BiographyAdam Malawista lives on Long Island, New York with his wife, three children, and two dogs. After graduating from Syracuse University with a degree in psychology, he formed and fronted a hard rock band in which he played guitar, sang, and served as the main composer and lyricist. He has created traditional and CGI art, studied landscape architecture and theme park design, cultivated elaborate personal gardens, curated a collection of exotic fish, traveled to dozens of amusement parks throughout the country in order to ride their roller coasters, and pitched camp at many a campground--all while collecting and studying more than 20 years' worth of information on UFO lore and paranormal phenomena. After experiencing a strange and powerful vision on the night of his daughter's birth, Malawista wrote Sleeping Souls, a series of novels whose first installment is Rousting.
- Author(s)Adam Malawista
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSleeping Souls
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.