All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHis first three victims ended up dead. His fourth was t so fortunate... Alison Willetts is unlucky to be alive. She has survived a stroke, deliberately induced by a skilful manipulation of pressure points on the head and neck. She can see, hear and feel and is aware of everything going on around her, but is completely unable to move or communicate. Her condition is called Locked-In Syndrome. In leaving Alison Willetts alive, the police believe the killer made his first mistake. Then D.I. Tom Thorne discovers the horrifying truth; it isn't Alison who is the mistake, it's the three women already dead. An appropriate margin of error is how their killer dismisses them, and Thorne kws they are unlikely to be the last. For the killer is smart, and he's getting his kicks out of toying with Thorne as much as he is pursuing his sick fantasy. Thorne kws immediately he's t going to catch the killer with simple procedure. But with little more than gut instinct and circumstantial evidence to damn his chief suspect, anesthetist Jeremy Bishop, his pursuit of him is soon bordering on the unprofessional. Especially considering his involvement with Anne Coburn, Alison's doctor and Jeremy's close friend. Thorne must find a man whose agenda is terrifyingly unique, and Alison, the one person who holds the key to the killer's identity, is unable to speak...
- Author BiographyMark Billingham is one of England's best known and top-selling crime writers. His most recent book was a #1 bestseller in the UK. He has twice won the Theakston's Old Peculier Award for Best Crime Novel, and has also won a Sherlock Award for the Best Detective created by a British writer. His novels Sleepyhead and Scaredy Cat were made into a hit TV series on Sky 1 starring David Morrissey as Thorne. Mark lives in North London with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Mark Billingham
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight476 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.