Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- Description1968... New York City. I was 24. I had just graduated from college. I applied to the government's VISTA program (Volunteers In Service To America) as a possible deferment from the Army and Vietnam. I was young and I thought I knew everything. I figured that if VISTA had projects in ANY state they had to have them in EVERY state. I requested an assignment in Hawaii. So naturally, six months later I'm in the remote, tiny Eskimo village of Sleetmute, Alaska. No roads, electricity, telephones, television, signs, law. I'm wearing everything I own. I'm hunting for my food. It's 50 degrees below zero....and getting colder... Kirkus Reviews called Sleetmute... incredibly entertaining. They also said Resnicoff's encounters fascinate t only because they introduce readers to a world few have ever seen, but also because he's a gifted storyteller. He channels his 24-year-old self's confusion and naivete in a way that is by turns hilarious. endearing and often quite moving.
- Author(s)Stan Resnicoff
- Date of Publication11/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.