All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNevil Shute was a power and a pioneer in the world of flying long before he began to write the stories that made him a bestselling velist. This autobiography charts Shute's path from childhood to his career as a gifted aeronautical engineer working at the forefront of the techlogical experimentation of the 1920s and 30s. The inspiration for many of the themes and concerns of Shute's vels can be identified in this enjoyable and enlightening memoir.
- Author BiographyNevil Shute Norway was born on 17 January 1899 in Ealing, London.After attending the Dragon School and Shrewsbury School, he studied Engineering Science at Balliol College, Oxford. He worked as an aeronautical engineer and published his first novel, Marazan, in 1926. In 1931 he married Frances Mary Heaton and they went on to have two daughters. During the Second World War he joined the Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve where he worked on developing secret weapons. After the war he continued to write and settled in Australia where he lived until his death on 12 January 1960. His most celebrated novels include Pied Piper (1942), No Highway (1948), A Town Like Alice (1950) and On the Beach (1957).
- Author(s)Nevil Shute Norway
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight197 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.