Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1996, shortly after best-selling author Judy Mazel released the sequel to her original book The New Beverly Hills Diet, Dr. John Monaco, a pediatric critical care specialist and former fat kid , turned to Mazel's program to combat his own critical weight problem and improve his health. After achieving great success himself, he decided that where adults succeeded on the program, kids could, too-- perhaps even more so. Most important, Dr. Monaco realized that obesity among children was the main factor precipitating life-threatening diseases among them-- such as asthma, diabetes and clinical depression-- as well as other serious, though t potentially fatal, problems like excessive strain on bones, joints and muscles. Mazel and Monaco have teamed up to offer parents Slim and Fit Kids, a one-of-a-kind approach to raising healthy, well-adjusted children. Combining Mazel's successful twenty-plus years of experience with food combining with Monaco's pediatric expertise, this book will teach parents everything they need to kw about nutrition, digestion and nutrient absorption. This compelling book provides easy-to-understand information on the science of pediatric nutrition, as well as down-to-earth reminders on children's natural eating habits, making it easy and fun for parents to teach healthy nutritional habits that will last a lifetime. Divided into parts, the first focuses on children's obesity. Chapters in this part include an overview of the problem of obesity in children and the diseases and disorders it engenders; Dr. Monaco's discovery of the Beverly Hills Diet and his idea to adapt it to children's nutrition; an overview of the digestive process; a summary of developmental nutrition, explaining the nutritional needs and issues of each age group; and personal accounts of the childhood obesity problem. The second part shows parents the practical steps to incorporating the nutritional principles they have learned into a daily program for their kids.
- Author(s)John E. Monaco,Judy Mazel
- PublisherHealth Communications
- Date of Publication31/10/1999
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationDeerfield Beach, FL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Communications
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.