All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe awoke in an alley to the splash of rain. She was naked, a foot-long gash in her back was still bleeding, and her identity implant was gone. Lore van de Oest had been the daughter of one of the world's most powerful families ...and w she was body, and she had to hide. Then out of the rain walked Spanner, predator and thief, who took her in, cared for her wound, and taught her how to reinvent herself again and again. No one could find Lore w: t the police, t her family, and t the kidnappers who had left her in that alley to die. She had escaped ...but the cost of her new found freedom was crime and deception, and she paid it over and over again, until she had become someone she loathed. Lore had a choice: She could stay in the shadows - stay with Spanner - and risk losing herself forever. Or she could leave Spanner and find herself again by becoming someone else: stealing the identity implant of a dead woman, taking over her life, and creating a new future. But to start again, Lore required Spanner's talents - Spanner, who needed her and hated her, and who always had a price. And even as Lore agreed to play Spanner's game one final time, she found that there was still the price of being a van de Oest to be paid. Only by confronting her family, her past, and her own demons could Lore meld together who she had once been, who she had become, and the person she intended to be ...Slow River won the 1997 Nebula Award for Best Novel.
- Author BiographyNicola Griffith is a British science fiction author, editor and essayist. Griffith graduated from the Michigan State University Clarion science fiction writing workshop, in 1988, and has won the NEBULA, the JAMES TIPTREE JR., the WORLD FANTASY and four LAMBDA LITERARY AWARDS. Although born in Yorkshire, she now lives in Seattle, in the USA.
- Author(s)Nicola Griffith
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleS.F. Masterworks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight228 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $24.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.