All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a result of a Workshop held at the Institute of Virology of the Univer- sity of Wurzburg, Germany in March of 1975. The Workshop was organized to bring together investigators of slow virus infections and other scientists, who have t engaged in such research, but who were Ieaders in the field of biologic investi- gations. The conveners hoped that these latter would be more objective critics, who would express their views freely and who would offer recommendations for new directions and new approaches to the investigations of slow virus infections. These expectations were fulfilled as the organization of the Workshop permitted much free time for discussion as weil as time for directed critiques. This volume repre- sents an extensive summary of the proceedings and the discussions that followed. We believe it will be of interest to all investigators of slow virus infections and to the students of host-parasite relationships. Volker ter Meulen Michael Katz V Contents Preface v List of Gontributars xi PART I I UNCONVENTIONAL AGENTS Chapter 1 Scrapie: Pathogenesis in lnbred Mice: An Assessment of Host Control and Response lnvolving Many Strains of Agent 3 A. G. Dickinsan and H. Fraser Chapter 2 Kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, and Transmissible Presenile Dementias 15 D. Garteton Gajdusek and Glarence J. Gibbs, Jr. Discussion I Chapters 1-2 50 Comment I Chapters 1-2 by G. A. Mims 52 Chapter 3 Sheep Progressive Pneumonia Viruses 54 Donald H.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight686 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byM. Katz,V. Ter Meulen
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.