All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionSlow Yoga is a unique and enjoyable combination of physical exercise used in traditional yoga, and slow, sustained muscular tension, used in strength training. The benefits of traditional Yoga are well documented: it calms the mind and reduces stress; it improves flexibility, posture and balance and strengthens breathing muscles. Slow Yoga produces all these effects, but also allows you to work at your own pace to enhance your body health in many other ways, including improved muscle tone, increased strength and greater endurance. Using easy to follow instructions and step-by-step illustrations, practising Slow Yoga on a daily basis will increase general fitness and well-being, and combined with a healthy diet, can decrease the risk of diabetes, coronary heart disease, cancer of the colon, and fractures and falls.
- Author BiographyDr Brian Payne studied medicine at the Welsh National School of Medicine and graduated in 1954. He has spent most of his career working as a medical scientist in UK teaching hospitals. He has been practising traditional Yoga regularly since 1967, and using medical research has developed Slow Yoga to incorporate resistance training, thereby bringing additional beneifts into a proven exercise regime. He has written numerous research articles, which have been published in many refereed journals, including the Lancet.
- Author(s)Brian Payne
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2001
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width246 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.