All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionGod invites us to judge and to help correct wrongs from a place of understanding. Sometimes we pre-judge a person based on our own biases and superficial experiences. We stifle dialog before the conversation even begins. If all we kw is our own faith, and we never put it side-by-side with what others believe, our spiritual growth and commitments can be easily stunted. By truly listening and learning from those with different beliefs, we can broaden and deepen our kingdom commitments. It is possible to stand up for Jesus, to articulate our faith clearly as witnesses, and to defend our faith effectively, while at the same time t being perceived as judgmental. Christians need to be faithful witnesses to God who are willing to listen to people with drastically different stories. In those exchanges, when we suspend judgment and truly listen, we will find truth and beauty and goodness in some of the most unexpected places. We will also find that, if we truly listen, we may be given a chance to speak. Features include: * Help for interfaith and intercultural dialog * Thought-provoking questions for spiritual conversation or reflection
- Author BiographyDavid Capes is the Thomas Nelson Research Professor at Houston Baptist University. He is a noted Pauline scholar, and he served as the senior Bible scholar for The Voice Bible translation. He is the author and editor of several books, including The Last Eyewitness: The Final Week, The Voice of Hebrews, Rediscovering Paul, and Thriving in Babylon. Refraction books speak to the most troubling issues we face today in a candid dialog that interacts with our culture through a biblical lens, utilizing a holistic approach of intellectual engagement, emotional vulnerability, and spiritual challenge for the next generation.
- Author(s)David Capes,Refraction
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRefraction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutledge Hill Press,U.S.
- Weight208 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.