All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionSmall Dams: Planning, Construction and Maintenance has been written to provide a practical approach and guide to determining catchment yield and the amount of water required in a dam, advising on selecting and working with engineers and contractors, as well as outlining the cause of dam failures and how to remedy problems quickly. It also covers relevant legislation, environmental and ecological issues. Employing the principles in this book, in conjunction with heeding the advice of suitably experienced and qualifi ed engineers and contractors, will reduce the risk of failure and help to ensure the long term success of any small dam in question. Small Dams will be an invaluable resource for anyone who owns a dam, and a useful reference for agencies, contractors and engineers. The author, Barry Lewis, has over forty years of experience as an engineer and has written extensively on farm dams, soil conservation, catchment management and the environmental impact of dams both on and off streams. He was also directly involved in the licensing and regulating of small dams in Australia.
- Author BiographyBarry Lewis has over thirty years of experience as an engineer and has written extensively on farm dams, soil conservation, catchment management and the environmental impact of farm dams both on- and off-stream. He is directly involved in the licensing and regulation of farm dams in Victoria, Australia.
- Author(s)Barry Lewis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight546 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.