All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionSince the end of the Kosovo war in 1999, increasing attention has been paid to the problems of ecomic development and reconstruction in South-East Europe. In a context of limited resources, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) have a key role to play in creating jobs and building a dynamic entrepreneurial ecomy. Small Enterprise Development In South-East Europe presents important findings from recent empirical research on key factors, which hinder sustainable SME growth in South-East Europe. Finance is identified as a critical barrier to growth, and the role of commercial banks, micro-finance institutions and credit cooperatives in assisting growth is addressed. Yet finance alone is t eugh. A rebuilding of social capital, a reduction of the ufficial or grey ecomy, and the promotion of inter-firm networks and clusters are also of vital importance in promoting sustainable growth. The book concludes with critical analyses of SME policies in Albania, Croatia, and Macedonia, countries which hitherto have received little attention in the literature. Small Enterprise Development in South-East Europe will be of great interest to policy makers, business consultants, and academics and post-graduate students working on ecomic development and reconstruction in South-East Europe.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMaja Vehovec,Milford Bateman,Will Bartlett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.