All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA woman is caught in a gripping moral dilemma that resonates far beyond her place in time and history in #1 New York Times bestseller Jodi Picoult's latest vel. A young woman and her husband, admitted to hospital to have a baby, request that their nurse be reassigned--they are white supremacists and don't want Ruth, who is black, to touch their baby. The hospital complies, but the baby later goes into cardiac distress when Ruth is on duty. She hesitates before rushing in to perform CPR. When her indecision ends in tragedy, Ruth finds herself on trial, represented by a white public defender who warns against bringing race into the courtroom. As the two come to develop a truer understanding of each other's lives, they begin to doubt the beliefs they each hold most dear.
- Author BiographyJODI PICOULT is the author of twenty-three novels, including Leaving Time and the #1 New York Times bestsellers Sing You Home, House Rules, Handle With Care, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, and My Sister's Keeper. Follow her on Twitter @jodipicoult, or visit her website jodipicoult.com. The author lives in Hanover, NH.
- Author(s)Jodi Picoult
- PublisherThorndike Press Large Print
- Date of Publication05/10/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press Large Print
- Weight816 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.