All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating and beautiful guide provides detailed information and over 160 striking photos and drawings of four species of small mountain owls found in America's Rocky Mountains, with special focus on the inhabitants of the Rocky Mountains National Park: the Flammulated Owl, Northern Pygmy-Owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl, and Boreal Owl. The lives and ranges of these tiny predators are detailed, including information concerning their anatomy, coloration, vocalizations, ranges, courtship and nesting behaviors, egg laying, fledgling raising, hunting habits, diets, mortality, longevity, and much more. The engaging text reflects the author's passion for these tiny owls, some small eugh to perch comfortably on a number two pencil, and provides details about the recovery and restoration to health of injured small mountain owls. The book ends with a useful glossary of scientific names and a detailed bibliography. This book will be a treasured reference for anyone interested in the avian world.
- Author BiographyScott Rashids work with Northern Goshawks began after he moved to Colorado in 1998. Since then he has located several Northern Goshawk nests in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. He has spent countless hours with this intrepid hunter, both through research and rehabilitating injured birds. He has worked with numerous bird species from hummingbirds to eagles. Scotts photographs and art are published in two other booksSmall Mountain Owls and The Great Horned Owl, a Detailed Study. In 1994 he started a banding station at the YMCA of the Rockies, just south of Estes Park, Colorado, and in 2014 banded his 10,000th bird there. He is also director of the Colorado Avian Research and Rehabilitation Institute (CARRI), www.carriep.org.
- Author(s)Scott Rashid
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note166 images
- Weight1200 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.