All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise introduction to social and cultural anthropology has become a modern classic, revealing the rich global variation in social life and culture across the world. The text provides a clear overview of anthropology, focusing on central topics such as kinship, ethnicity, ritual and political systems, offering a wealth of examples that demonstrate the ermous scope of anthropology and the importance of a comparative perspective. Unlike other texts on the subject, Small Places, Large Issues incorporates the anthropology of complex modern societies. Using reviews of key mographs to illustrate his argument, Eriksen's lucid and accessible text remains an established introductory text in anthropology. This fourth edition is updated throughout and increases the emphasis on the interdependence of human worlds. It incorporates recent debates and controversies, ranging from globalisation and migration research to problems of cultural translation, and discusses the challenges of interdisciplinarity in a lucid way. Effortlessly bridging the perceived gap between classic and contemporary anthropology, Small Places, Large Issues is as essential to anthropology undergraduates as ever.
- Author BiographyThomas Hylland Eriksen is Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo. He is the author of numerous books, including Ethnicity and Nationalism, A History of Anthropology, Small Places, Large Issues, Tyranny of the Moment, What is Anthropology? and Fredrik Barth, all available from Pluto Press.
- Author(s)Thomas Hylland Eriksen
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAnthropology, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.