All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionSmall Towns and Big Business comprehensively examines the phemen of local protests against Wal-Mart superstores. Using fieldwork and archival sources, Halebsky situates these protests in the context of ecomic restructuring and the expansion of retailing; explains how some local social movements were able to successfully fend off the world's largest retailer; and assesses the implications for efforts to limit corporate power, resist McDonaldization, and protect local quality of life.
- Author BiographyStephen Halebsky is assistant professor of sociology at SUNY-Cortland.
- Author(s)Stephen Halebsky
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight394 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.