Smart Card Research and Advanced Applications: IFIP TC8/WG8.8 Fourth Working Conference on Smart Card Research and Advanced Applications, September 20-22, 2000, Bristol, United Kingdom by Kluwer Academic Publishers (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $424.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $167.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionSmart cards or IC cards offer a huge potential for information processing purposes. The portability and processing power of IC cards allow for highly secure conditional access and reliable distributed information processing. IC cards that can perform highly sophisticated cryptographic computations are already available. Their application in the financial services and telecom industries are well kwn. But the potential of IC cards go well beyond that. Their applicability in mainstream Information Techlogy and the Networked Ecomy is limited mainly by our imagination; the information processing power that can be gained by using IC cards remains as yet mostly untapped and is t well understood. Here lies a vast uncovered research area which we are only beginning to assess, and which will have a great impact on the eventual success of the techlogy. The research challenges range from electrical engineering on the hardware side to tailor-made cryptographic applications on the software side, and their synergies. This volume comprises the proceedings of the Fourth Working Conference on Smart Card Research and Advanced Applications (CARDIS 2000), which was sponsored by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) and held at the Hewlett-Packard Labs in the United Kingdom in September 2000. CARDIS conferences are unique in that they bring together researchers who are active in all aspects of design of IC cards and related devices and environments, thus stimulating synergy between different research communities from both academia and industry. This volume presents the latest advances in smart card research and applications, and will be essential reading for smart card developers, smart card application developers, and computer science researchers involved in computer architecture, computer security, and cryptography.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2000
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleIFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 52
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnthony I. Watson,David Chan,Josep Domingo-Ferrer
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.