All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionThe Smart Guide to Nutrition gives you all the essential information for understanding how your body uses nutrients, where nutrients go in the body, and how you can optimize your dietary choices and calories. Author Anne Maczulak, PhD in Nutrition, covers the main topics of nutrition, starting with the essential nutrients needed by all cells and building your kwledge of whole body nutrition. This Smart Guide offers a quick reference to the carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals your body needs as well as water and energy. By reading this Smart Guide, you will learn how to make sound food choices for staying healthy, boosting immunity, fighting disease, and aging. This book introduces you to the essential nutrients. By learning the truth about how your body's cells use nutrients, you can make better choices in avoiding dangerous fad diets, in considering certain processed foods, and in kwing the facts about dietary supplements. In this Smart Guide you will learn: - How the digestive system works - The role of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in your body - How vitamins and minerals work in body chemistry - The vital role of water in nutrition - Calories, fat, and obesity-Our diet's triple threat! - The body's biochemistry - Nutrition in children and the elderly - Nutrition for special needs, such as fighting disease - The pitfalls of nutrition misinformation - A useful comparison of western and eastern diets - Things you need to kw when following a vegetarian, vegan, raw, or macrobiotic diet. The Smart Guide to Nutrition gives you the facts on nutrients and nutrition. With this book as your guide, you can dispel food myths and steer clear of harmful diets, products, and pitches. Learn nutrition the right way, by beginning with the facts of nutrient chemistry in your body. This Smart Guide will help you kw the basics of human nutrition.
- Author BiographyAnne Maczulak, PhD, is the author of over 10 books. Anne's audiences benefit from her ability to transform complex subjects into easy-to-under- stand lessons. And yet, reading Anne's books on biology, ecology, and microbiology never feels like reading a textbook. Anne always relates technical topics to the big picture and writes for non-scientists. Anne is the author of The Smart Guide To Fighting Infections and resides in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Author(s)Anne Maczulak
- PublisherSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication25/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleSmart Guides (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.