All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Smart Guide To Wine is a complete introduction to wine appreciation from honing your palate and uncorking without casualties to using the right glass and pouring with elegance. Its the n-sb's source for everything from distinguishing among the seemingly endless array of labels to getting the most out of a wine tasting. You get expert tips on how to aerate and chill, sniff and sip and assess balance, backbone and body of a wine. You get a complete up-to-date kwledge of all the wines of the world from inexpensive everyday wines to the most expensive from France, Italy, Germany, Australia, South America, South Africa, New Zealand and the United States. The Smart Guide To Wine provides you with a wealth of tips on finding a good wine merchant, buying wine online and stocking a home wine cellar. It also includes specific recommendations on hundreds of outstanding wines and wine values. The Smart Guide To Wine will make you feel like you are a wine expert. It will tell you how to cut the foil off the top of the bottle and extract the cork like a sommillier. It will tell you how to decant wine like a pro. It will give you everything you need to decipher a wine label and navigate a wine list so that you feel comfortable in a wine store or restaurant with a lavish multi-paged wine list. This comprehensive guide includes appendices which list many books for advanced reading, web sites and blogs for further wine enjoyment and to find wine reviews and lists more than 300 wine recommendations at bargain prices.
- Author BiographyPhilip Seldon is one of the foremost experts on the subject of wine. He is the author of eight books including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wine with more than 200,000 copies sold. The Smart Guide To Wine is a better expanded version. In 1971 he founded Vintage Magazine, America's first wine magazine. He is a member of numerous prestigious wine societies including the Commanderie de Bordeaux. He is the designer of the Le Cellier wine rack. Philip resides in New York
- Author(s)Philip Seldon
- PublisherSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleSmart Guides (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Guide Publications Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1098 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.