Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible discussion about talented children and their education in the United States. It also provides parents of both young children and teenagers with insights and ideas about what they can do to immediately improve the quality of education being experienced by their sons and daughters. The Centre for Talented Youth has become a major influence in American education. It runs the largest talent search in the world, handling over 60,000 applications every year. This work begins with a brief review of the ups and downs of American interest in the problems of talented children. It then carefully explains the approach used at CTY, which emphasizes flexible pacing, opportunities for individual inquiry, academic rigour and the use of creative teaching, but with the use of otherwise generally available curriculum materials. Using 13 case studies, this book explains the drawbacks of in the current system and suggests how improvements can be workably introduced.
- Author(s)A.E. Tangherlini,W.G. Durden
- PublisherHogrefe Publishing
- Date of Publication31/12/1994
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHogrefe & Huber
- Out-of-print date14/01/2010
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.