All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionToday, architects and designers are beginning to look toward developments in new smart or intelligent materials and techlogies for solutions to long-standing problems in building design. However, these new materials have so far been applied in a diverse but largely idiosyncratic nature, because relatively few architects have access to information about the types or properties of these new materials or techlogies. Two of the leading experts in this field - Addington and Schodek - have solved this problem by incorporating all the relevant information of all the latest techlogies available to architects and designers in this one volume. They present materials by describing their fundamental characteristics, and go on to identify and suggest how these same characteristics can be exploited by professionals to achieve their design goals. Here, the wealth of technical understanding already available in the materials science and engineering literature is at last made accessible to a design audience.
- Author BiographyMichelle Addington is the Hines Professor of Sustainable Architectural Design at Yale University. Daniel L. Schodek is the Kumagai Research Professor of Architectural Technology at the Harvard Design School, where he taught from 1969 until 2008.
- Author(s)D. Michelle Addington,Daniel L. Schodek
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2004
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchitectural Press
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.