All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you think about cloning, stem cell research, brain enhancement, or doing experiments on newly dead patients? Read Smart Mice, Not so Smart People and you'll kw what Art Caplan thinks. But this assortment of pithy, provocative opinions on all things bioethical does more than simply give you a piece of the author's mind--it also invites and even dares you to make up your own mind. In his typical style, Caplan--one of the most sought-after bioethicists of our time--provokes discussion on issues at the center of the new genetics, cloning in the laboratory and in the media, stem cell research, experiments on human subjects, blood donation and organ transplantation, and healthcare delivery. Are new developments in these areas good or bad? As an engaged citizen in a democratic society, it is your responsibility to decide. This book will help you do it.
- Author BiographyArthur L. Caplan is one of the most sought after bioethicists of our time. The recipient of many awards and honors, he was named USA Today's Person of the Year for 2001, one of the fifty most influential people in American health care by Modern Health Care magazine, and one of the ten most influential people in America in biotechnology by the National Journal. Caplan is a frequent guest and commentator for National Public Radio, Nightline, CNN, Fox, CBS, the New York Times, Washington Post, Philadelphia Inquirer, and many other media outlets. Caplan has authored or edited twenty-five books and more than 500 articles, and writes a regular bioethics column for MSNBC.com. He is Emmanuel and Robert Hart Professor of Bioethics, Chair of the Department of Medical Ethics, and Director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Arthur L. Caplan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight358 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.