All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe memory of sexual abuse in childhood never leaves its victims. Likewise the memory of bullying never goes away. Advances in techlogy are making our children more vulnerable to both. Professor Briggs, an expert in child protection, draws on a lifetime of research and practical experience to assist with todays parenting issues. In this book parents will learn how to: Recognise the dangers to children in modern Western society; Build stronger kids and help them make smart choices; Choose safe, high-quality childcare and child minders; Safeguard children in potentially dangerous situations, including bullying, cyberspace and the internet; Protect against child sexual abuse; Parent through adolescence; Choose safe student exchanges.
- Author BiographyProfessor Freda Briggs AO, has already written nine books on Child Protection, a subject about which she is passionate. She has a long history of employment in child protection as a lecturer and researcher, former teacher, child protection police officer and social worker and, currently, as Emeritus Professor of Child Development at the University of South Australia. Professor Briggs received the Order of Australia (2005), the Inaugural Australian Humanitarian Award, the Centenary Medal, a Rotary International Award and numerous other awards and was Senior Australian of the Year (2000) for her pioneering work in protecting children.
- Author(s)Freda Briggs
- PublisherJoJo Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationVIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJoJo Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.