Smart Thinking: Three Essential Keys to Solve Problems, Innovate, and Get Things Done by Art Markman (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00+ AU $11.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by uniquestuff111
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- Description<b>When you understand how the mind works, you can think smarter and act smarter. </b> Based on the precepts of cognitive science and drawing on a half century of interdisciplinary studies, Smart Thinking is the first book to reveal a three-part formula that distinguishes Smart Thinking from innate intelligence and shows how memory works, how to learn effectively, and how to use kwledge when you need to get things done. Beginning with defining the difference between Smart Thinking and innate or raw intelligence, cognitive psychologist Art Markman demonstrates how it is possible to learn Smart Thinking that you can apply to the real world. This engaging and practical book introduces a three-part formula for Smart Thinking, which demonstrates how anyone can: Develop <b>Smart Habits </b> Acquire <b>High-Quality Kwledge</b> Use <b>High-Quality Kwledge</b> when needed Smart Thinking explores each part of the <i>Smart Thinking</i> formula and provides: An understanding of how the mind works and the means to replace self-limiting habits with those that foster Smart Thinking Insights into how memory functions and how to improve the quality of what you learn Ways to present new information effectively Specific techniques for improving your understanding of how the world works The ability to define and solve problems by finding the relevant kwledge from any area of expertise and applying it effectively Drawing on multiple research disciplines, including psychology, artificial intelligence, philosophy, neuroscience, learning sciences, linguistics, anthropology, sociology, and education, Markman provides insights into the functioning of the mind and synthesizes this understanding into practical tools and exercises that develop new skills and achieve personal goals. The book culminates in tips for creating a Culture of Smart to make everyone in an organization more effective.
- Author Biography<b>Art Markman</b>, <b>PhD</b> is on the faculty member of the University of Texas since 1998 where he is the Annabel Irion Worsham Centennial Professor of Psychology and Marketing. He has published more than 150 scientific papers in the area of cognitive science. He has been the editor of Cognitive Science since 2006. As a consultant, Dr. Markman has worked with industry, including Proctor and Gamble, and partnered with Drs. Mehmet Oz and Michael Roizen on two of their bestselling You books. He is a member of the scientific advisory board for the Dr. Phil Show and is a regular online contributor for <i>Psychology Today, </i>the <i>Huffington Post, </i> and the <i>Harvard Business Review. </i>
- Author(s)Art Markman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Weight386 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.