Smart but Stuck: How Resilience Frees Imprisoned Intelligence from Learning Disabilities by Myrna Orenstein (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how smart people with learning gaps struggle, survive, and achieve Smart But Stuck, Second Edition is an updated look at how smart people with learning gaps can t only overcome them, but become successful in learning-and life. The new edition of this classic explores the emotional aspects of learning disabilities and imprisoned intelligence, showing how-and why-smart people with learning disabilities are resilient in getting help in order to struggle, survive, and achieve. The book also includes new material on the relationship between learning disabilities and neuroscience and a new foreword by Joseph Palombo, Founding Dean of the Institute for Clinical Social Work in Chicago. This unique and compelling new version takes into account that the reader may have a learning disability, so it's easy to read and understand. Topics build on each other so the reader's kwledge becomes cumulative without dramatic effect and so emotional, biological, and social issues are easily integrated as the reader learns to turn a learning disability into an advantage. From the author: Resilience is the capacity to bounce back; in individuals with LD it's a powerful tool. When people hit the chasm, shame is the outcome. People can withdraw and give up. (Some people take solace in substance abuse to ease the emotional pain.) Others keep trying. In the process of t giving up, people learn to keep hope alive because eventually new opportunities for learning become possible. Smart But Stuck, Second Edition examines: * imprisoned intelligence and resilience-how does it happen? * shame and resilience * discovery and diagsis * learning to live with the diagsis * new reflections * resilience and fulfilling potential * neurocognitive foundations of learning disorders * self-psychology and imprisoned intelligence * psychotherapy * fortitude and flexibility in people with learning disabilities * and much more Smart But Stuck, Second Edition is a must-read for people with learning disabilities and their families, psychotherapists, social workers, educators, parents, vocational counselors, and college counselors. Please visit www.smartbutstuck.com for more information.
- Author(s)Myrna Orenstein
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.