Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionSmartass is a smart, sweet coming of age story, evocative of a half-forgotten America at the cusp of tectonic national-and generational-changes that still deeply resonate. Kelly's narrative and dialogue both crackle and continue to entice with each new work! -Rory O'Conr, author of Nukespeak: The Selling of Nuclear Techlogy and Friends, Followers and the Future: How Social Media are Changing Politics, Threatening Big Brands, and Killing Traditional Media Brian Kelly's Smartass promises us a wild horse ride in its opening lines and it delivers, but the book itself is more like a time machine that takes us to a vanished time in American life. For people of his generation it will be a bittersweet stalgic journey and for the young it will reveal a time and place where t only could a black man never become president, he was often forbidden to eat at the same lunch counter as whites. It's important that the younger generation feels how close all that is in time and Smartass , among other things, does just that. -Richard Lourie, author of Sakharov and The Autobiography of Joseph Stalin With a black man in the White House, racial politics in America is alive and well. Brian Kelly's vel, Smartass takes us back to a time when America was just beginning to emerge from its nasty history of bigotry and hate. But more than a stalgic trip down a t so rosy memory lane, the story is a reminder of how far we've come and how far we still have to go. Bravo. -Richard Stratton, author of Altered States of America Brian B. Kelly became the first person in Harvard's long history to complete the requirements for a BA in English while still a sophomore. After meeting requirements for a second major, he graduated from Harvard with hors in 1967. Smartass is his second book. Currently he is working on Commie Spy! The Life and Times of a Soviet Patriot From Brooklyn, a vel based on the life of his friend Joel Barr, the close friend of Julius Rosenberg. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Brian B. Kelly
- Date of Publication07/12/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.