Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionWe are what we listen to. That's the premise of this study of 100 songs that have shaped and defined the American experience, from the Colonial period to the present. * Takes an entertaining approach to understanding the cultural tides in American history * Covers a wide range of songs from the Colonial period through the present to depict political and social perspectives as represented in music * Explores numerous subtopics related to the songs * Engages and educates as it gives historical context and meaning to songs with which readers have long been familiar * Uses a research-based approach to explore the historical and cultural background behind America's hits
- Author BiographyJames E. Perone, PhD, is associate dean of the faculty and the Margaret Morgan Ramsey professor in music at the University of Mount Union, Alliance, OH.
- Author(s)James E. Perone
- PublisherGreenwood Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Publishing Group Inc
- Content Note40
- Weight1066 g
- Width178 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.