All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA creative analysis of the band's fifth album Very, Smile If You Dare examines topics as diverse as techlogical paradise, sexual paraia and representations of class in British pop music. As well as a keen critical edge, itis equipped with an undisguised mad love for the source material, a sense of passionate abandon induced by the tragic/ecstatic synth-pop that pours out of the speakers.
- Author BiographyRamzy Alwakeel is a British newspaper journalist. He was born in 1988 and encountered the Pet Shop Boys somewhat prematurely on Top of the Pops as a small child. His work has appeared in the Evening Standard and the electronic music journal Dancecult. He lives in London with his boyfriend and a large collection of twelve-inch records from the 1990s.
- Author(s)Ramzy Alwakeel
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRepeater Books
- Weight367 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.