All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionA Texan chef shows there is a whole world of flavor beyond just barbecue. Smoke is a primer on the most time-tested culinary technique of all--but one that we have lost touch with. Chef Tim Byres shows how to imbue all kinds of foods--t just meat--with the irresistible flavor of smoke. Here he gives invative ideas for easy ways to use smoke in your everyday kitchen arsenal of flavors--such as smoking safely on the stovetop with woodchips, putting together relishes and salsas made with smoked peppers and other vegetables, grilling with wood planks, and using smoke-cured meats to add layers of flavor to a dish. For serious cooks, there are how-to sections on building a firepit, smokehouse, and spit roast at home. As a Texan, Byres draws on the regional traditions of Mexico, Louisiana, and the South. He takes down-home foods and gives them brilliant twists. The results are such gutsy recipes as Pork Jowl Bacon with Half Sour Cucumbers, Boudin Balls and Brick Roux Gumbo, Cabrito and Masa Meatpies, and Coffee-Cured Brisket with Rustic Toast. Everything is made from scratch--t just the sausages but also the accompanying sauces, jams, and pickles. This is cooking at its most primal, and delicious.
- Author BiographyTim Byres is the chef and owner of the restaurants Smoke and Chicken Scratch in Dallas, Texas. Food & Wine named him Best New Chef of the Southwest in 2011 and The People's Best New Chef in 2012. He has been featured in Southern Living, the New York Times, and Garden & Gun. Josh Ozersky, the author of The Hamburger: A History and Meat Me in Manhattan, has written for Time, Newsday, Saveur, and the New York Times.
- Author(s)Tim Byres
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 Colour Photographs
- Weight1347 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.