All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the intriguing story of tobacco advertising--from the beginning of the 20th century to the final years when tobacco companies were forced to stop advertising and look for alternative ways of promoting their products. A complete history, this compendium shows how tobacco companies have battled fiercely to reach new markets, rejected claims of a link between tobacco and fatal illnesses, and finally fought against the implementation of advertising restrictions. The inclusion of more than eighty bold advertisements reflect the social and cultural changes seen in these turbulent years and show the fascinating development of 20th-century tobacco advertising.
- Author BiographyJudy Vaknin is the University archivist responsible for the care and management of the Library of Historic Advertising. She is the author of Smoke Signals: 100 Years of Tobacco Advertising.
- Author(s)Judith Vaknin
- PublisherMiddlesex University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMiddlesex University Press
- Content Noteapprox 80 colour illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width197 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.