CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn Smokin' Joe, Oregon author Martha Sargent captures the raging hormones, awkwardness and confusion of youth in three-dimensional characters you'll cheer through romance and shifting friendships, secrets and revelations, arsons and bigotry. As high school graduation nears in his sleepy Central Oregon town, JT Williams is directionless and troubled. He is only passionate about one thing: playing guitar. Yet, unaided by his reserved father, Thomas, and inhibited by guilt for his mother's early death, JT has failed to find the music to fill his soul. Then, Smokin' Joe arrives--master of blues guitar and once close friend of JT's parents. From the first chord struck, JT is captivated and strives to learn all he can from Smokin' Joe--about the blues, and about the mother he never knew. As emotional and compelling as blues guitar itself, Smokin' Joe follows JT and Thomas as they struggle against long-held fears to take a chance on the future.
- Author BiographyMartha Sargent retired after an enjoyable career as a professor of accounting and entrepreneurship, and is now pursuing her passions for writing, travel and the great outdoors. She and her husband, Dennis, own a small training business and split their time between Central Oregon and Arizona.
- Author(s)Martha S Sargent
- PublisherQa, Incorporated
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQa, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.