Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionFocussing on applications, this book covers a very broad range, including simple and complex univariate and multivariate density estimation, nparametric regression estimation, categorical data smoothing, and applications of smoothing to other areas of statistics. It will thus be of particular interest to data analysts, as arguments generally proceed from actual data rather than statistical theory, while the Background Material sections will interest statisticians studying the field. Over 750 references allow researchers to find the original sources for more details, and the Computational Issues sections provide sources for statistical software that use the methods discussed. Each chapter includes exercises with a heavily computational focus based upon the data sets used in the book, making it equally suitable as a textbook for a course in smoothing.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S. Simonoff
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight539 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.